Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Portsmouth 2-1 Newcastle


Well it was a hot day in Pompey. And I bet the Gordie’s found quite tropical compared to Newcastle’s cold North Sea wind. I arrived at my usual time and started my longish walk to the pub in Southsea. Popping into one or two shops in the lovely Highlands road not one national chain to be seen that’s what makes places like this unique. So enough of the tourist talk lets get down to the pub. Having been here a short while ago I knew what to expect, and as I went to go through a locked door to get in the pub, my mum in the pub waved me round to another door on the side. Once I got my drink (Mum left a fiver under an ash tray for my beer) I sat down in the heat, I found the mp3 juke box was on free play but I could not stay long enough to listen to my choice of song and it was Slipknot to dam. On the way to Fratton Park the heat got to us so we stopped off for a swift half at The Bold Forester mmmmm beer.

So to the game Pompey have not won against The Toon since we got up a few years ago and I felt now was the time and the three points will boost our hopes for Europe. Pompey dominated for large periods and took an early lead when Benjani turned superbly inside the box and fired home then Matthew Taylor fired in from 30 yards to make it 2-0 and what a goal he only seems to score fantastic goals most of the time. Emre pulled on back from the spot after James Milner was fouled by Dejan Stefanovic. So we had another win that’s two in the last three and it makes up for that game against Watford. So we are back on T.V. Sunday against Aston Villa this is a ground we have not won at since the early 70’s so time for a change me thinks.

Pompeygary’s Man Of The Match Lauren what a player he is going to be for us
Pompeygary’s worst Emre Lazy Lazy Lazy

Portsmouth: James, Lauren, Primus, Campbell, Stefanovic, O'Neil, Davis, Hughes, Taylor, Mwaruwari (LuaLua 73), Kanu (Kranjcar 90).
Subs Not Used: Ashdown, Pamarot, Mvuemba.
Booked: Stefanovic, O'Neil.
Goals: Mwaruwari 7, Taylor 59.
Newcastle: Harper, Solano, Taylor, Moore (Onyewu 30), Carr, Milner, Butt, Emre, N'Zogbia (Carroll 46), Duff (Luque 81), Martins.
Subs Not Used: Srnicek, Babayaro.
Goals: Emre 69 pen.
Att: 20,165.
Ref: C Foy (Merseyside).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home