Thursday, March 08, 2007

Portsmouth 0-2 Chelsea


Well as it is my Birthday week this will be a bit short, also I and the rest of the Pompey faithful have a football free weekend dam and blast it!

Mum took me for a meal at Gun Wharf for my Birthday, and I can’t remember what the place was called bit it was a US style place with old pictures of New York and other cities on the wall.

To get to Gun Wharf I took the bus from where I left my car at Fratton Park and it was only £1.50 for a single, but I still don’t like public transport don’t start me on that one! After the meal and a beer we set of to the marquee at the back of the North stand at Fratton Park, on the way we stopped of at a student bar mainly to use the toilet but it was a great pub I think it was called the dog and the one eyed duck or something like that, I think we may come back to here again for a drink. So to the Marquee I was impressed with it two big screens with Sky sports News on and some good beers to drink. The place was decorated with large pictures of Pompey in play and all in all it is a good place to come for a pre match drink.

The game went the predictable way with a Chelsea win, but Pompey made them work for the three points. Pompey enjoyed plenty of possession, but Andy Cole and Kanu both saw headers magnificently saved by Petr Cech. The Pompey fans were revelling in Chelsea's deficit, as chorus after chorus of 'Where's your title gone?' rang around Fratton Park as the game kicked off. Drogba struck the opener just after the half-hour mark, volleying Ashley Cole's left-wing cross into the ground and past Portsmouth goalkeeper David James. So Pompey could not stop the unstoppable Drogba, but how bad was Shevchenko and I would have to say this was the worst I have seen Chelsea play since we got promoted but they still beat us as Chelsea raced up the pitch and Ashley Cole headed into the box for substitute Kalou to slip past the advancing James. So next is Reading away time to beat the Royals.

Pompeygary’s Man Of The Match Davis back to his best

Pompeygary’s Worst Man Shevchenko how much did he cost

Portsmouth: James, Pamarot, Primus, Campbell, Traore (Kranjcar 68), O'Neil, Davis, Hughes, Taylor, Kanu, LuaLua (Cole 73).
Subs Not Used: Ashdown, O'Brien, Mvuemba.

Chelsea: Cech, Diarra, Carvalho, Essien, Ashley Cole, Makelele, Lampard, Ballack, Robben (Wright-Phillips 76), Shevchenko (Kalou 76), Drogba (Bridge 84).
Subs Not Used: Cudicini, Ferreira.

Booked: Ballack, Makelele.

Goals: Drogba 33, Kalou 82.

Att: 20,219.

Ref: M Halsey (Lancashire).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home