Monday, January 01, 2007

TRANSFER RUMOURS PART 1

1) Portsmouth will swoop for Old Trafford star Kieran Richardson on a six-month loan deal. (News of the World)

2) Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp admits he hopes talk of an offer from Chelsea for Sol Campbell is only a rumour.

It may be hard to imagine the 32-year-old defender playing for Chelsea, especially with John Terry making a rapid recovery from a back injury, but Redknapp would not stand in Campbell's way if he asked for a transfer.

"You wouldn't want to lose him, but if he said he wanted to go, what could you do? Not a lot, really," Redknapp said. "I hope Chelsea are not interested in him. If I lose him, I am in trouble."

03) Nwankwo Kanu is demanding Portsmouth allow him to join Ajax during January.

The striker told Vanguard: "I am waiting for Ajax's offer. I have told Portsmouth I want to leave. They should accept the offer and let me go. My mind is made up. I have great memories of Amsterdam and I know great things can happen there if we return."

04)Portsmouth goalkeeper David James is being linked with a sensational return to Liverpool.

The People says Reds boss Rafa Benitez is considering James as he prepares to include Pepe Reina in a bid for Valencia striker David Villa this month.

James had a colourful career at Liverpool and made some famous cock-ups, but Benitez rates him the best English keeper around and would have no fears about going in for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home