Sunday, September 10, 2006

Portsmouth 1-0 Wigan


The day started of badly when I left my mobile phone at home, so I went to Fratton train station to meet my Mum. I waited an hour (wasting valuable drinking time) and she did not turn up. So as I said earlier in the week we will meet at the Shepard’s Crook pub I walked down to the pub and my mother was already there on her third pint I think !! The pub had a BBQ out the front but on a hot day the beer went down very well.With us both in our new Pompey shirts (Thanks Mum) we set of for the game.
The match in the first half was well rubbish Wigan kept our midfield very quite, so it was a bit long ball at times.
The second half was much better with Benjani Mwaruwari's second goal of the season the only time we got a shot on target, till Lua Lua came on for Kanu. Benjani looked good for the goal he took it well and looked strong. I predict this boy will score a few this season.

Pompeygary’s Man Of The Match Linvoy Primus Gets better and better

Pompeygary’s Worst Man Teale Those shorts to long.

Portsmouth: James, Johnson, Primus, Campbell, Stefanovic (Pamarot 66), O'Neil, Davis, Pedro Mendes (Thompson 86), Taylor, Mwaruwari, Kanu (LuaLua 76).
Subs Not Used: Kiely, Koroman.
Goals: Mwaruwari 49.
Wigan: Kirkland, Boyce, De Zeeuw, Hall, Baines, Valencia, Scharner, Landzaat, Teale (Cotterill 78), Heskey, Camara (Johansson 90).
Subs Not Used: Pollitt, Jackson, Skoko.
Booked: Hall.
Att: 19,508
Referee: P Walton (Northamptonshire).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home